Wednesday 31 July 2024

July Update

 This month has been an interesting one. The Equinox expansion has provided me with some opportunities in terms of investments but has hit my BAU inter-region trading because more people are running DEDspace sites now so DED modules (which I trade in quite heavily) have fallen in value across the board. This has meant every time I got update my orders I have to mark these down, often quite dramatically. Anyway, my current position:


My current worth is 933.5Bn ISK. This is an increase over the last month of 25.8Bn ISK, or an increase of 737Mil/day. This is quite a step down on last month, though I was away from my PC for the first 11 days and as I say, Equinox has been a very mixed bag in terms of my business. 

Taking advantage of the skill extractor sale has lead to a reshuffle in terms of my investments held, and I continue to keep an eye on things like salvage materials. A lot have dropped in price recently but I was able to cash out on some intact armor plates for a healthy profit, if they swing down again I'll definitely snap more up.

I'm hoping that in game activity will start to improve towards the end of the month as people finish their holidays and that we should start to see a bottoming out of DED module prices and alliances flip over to the new Sov structures and things settle. I don't see a need to panic and massively rework my items I'm trading just yet.

One thing I have dabbled with quite a bit this month is PLEX trading and arbitrage (well not really, but sort of). I have a separate section in my spreadsheet now which given a buy price with give me the break even point for flipping PLEX and derivatives in Perimeter, Ashab, MJ-, Rens/Dodixie and for moving them between those hubs. I was able to take advantage of this a bit as some PLEX could be bought in MJ- and transported to Jita for sale for a profit, and vice versa. I've also been regularly trading PLEX in situ in MJ- as the margins are consistently profitable, even if the volume is pretty tiny comparatively.

I have 4 accounts, with 11 characters dedicated to trading:

Rens Seller
115Bn in sell orders and revenue of just 15Bn. Disappointing, but I think that's going to be a theme.

Manufacturing character
A little bit done here, but not a vast amount. Might expand my blueprint collection to vary this up a bit and make it more interesting.

Amarr Seller
My biggest performer, he has sell orders of 167Bn and has made sales amounting to 35Bn ISK this month.

Hek Seller
Has 57Bn ISK in sell order and has made sales of 9Bn. Essentially half the size of my Rens business. Still on the list to give this one more love.

Dodixie Seller
Very similar in scale to my Rens business this. Currently 116Bn sell orders and income of 22Bn.

Nullsec station trader
Sits in Pandemic Horde's home system and station trades common items (ammo, filaments, minerals etc) and needs surprisingly little babysitting. Money is his own. This character has made a barnstorming 11Bn this month! The PLEX trading amongst other things has really allowed this character to take off, and I've invested a lot of time here (too much probably).

Jita Buyer
My main Jita buyer, and hold my investments. I've taken to buying/selling on my Jita trader character instead as his broker fees are better sitting in a Perimeter. So very little activity here other than buying and then contracting to my other hub sellers.

Tash-Murkon Seller
Currently 94Bn sell orders and 4.6Bn revenue this month. Doesn't sound like much of an improvement on last month but I'm actually pleased as a lot of the revenue has come from modules/ammo etc. that I've started shipping in on the cheaper end similar to Sobaseki. A bit more love and I should be able to improve this dramatically.

Amarr station trader
Difficult to say what this character made this month as I raided his wallet to fund some of my moves into skill extractors. 10Bn in revenue is OK though, i assume some money was made (probably around 2Bn).

Jita station trader
Acts as a buyer for my Amarr seller, and also does some station trading in Jita.  I have moved into buying and selling my investements with this character as well, so his makeup looks a lot different this month. Not least of which is sales totalling 145Bn! Buys of 174Bn shows the other side of that, and given his business buying for other character it's impossible to work out how much I made from station trading, but I suspect it's not much. Still, this is a critical character in my expansion to leverage ISK rather than time/characters.

Sobaseki Seller
Ticking along nicely. Made 7Bn in sales this month, same as last month. A bit more love and this should scale fairly well.

So looking at last months plans:
  • Maintain over 1Bn profit per day - failed
  • Try to come up with a better strategy for my tash-murkon - I'd say this was successful on a small scale, I'll try and increase the number of lower value items to sell here and see if I can improve things
  • try and get at least 1 manufacturing run done - Done a few more, I want to vary this up a bit
Targets for this month:
  • Maintain over 1Bn profit per day
  • Generate a monthly profit of 33.25Bn (Half what I need to hit the Trillion)
  • Expand Tash-Murkon/Sobaseki
  • Investigate Alliance seeding in null.
If I can achieve these I should be on track to hit a Trillion in September, and talk about what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment