Wednesday 17 July 2024

A tough month so far, an attempt at something else, and a sale

 This has been a tough month so far. When I came back from my holiday I had to relist everything in Tash-Murkon for a sensible price, which ended up being 10Bn below where it was when I first listed it all. Ouch. 

Then a week or so later I decided to do something I don't do much and update my Amarr traders sell orders to match the going rate. Deadspace modules seem to have dropped quite a bit across the board, and this exercise lead to another 10Bn markdown. 

A few days ago I was updating all my characters and somehow I was 3Bn down on the day before. This one baffled me. Non of my investments had moved significantly, and the money appeared to disappear from my Jita station trader. I searched for underpriced orders and misplaced assets but found nothing. Even JEveAssets showed the drop. No idea what happened but I must have messed up somewhere or lost something. 

All that is to say I'm currently only a few billion up on the start of the month, when there should be an extra 23Bn or so. Annoying, but that's life sometimes I guess.

PLEX and PLEX accessories

As part of my current obsession with thinking of ways to scale with ISK rather than just time/accounts, I've started looking at trading PLEX, Skill Extractors and Injectors. I've added some rough maths to my spreadsheet that gives me the break even for these items in the various stations/structures I trade in as well as some arbitrage between them. 

In particular interest here is PLEX itself. When you buy or accept a contract for PLEX, it goes straight in your PLEX vault, no matter where your character is. This means I could (and have) buy PLEX in Jita using a buy order, contract it to my null character and have it instantly teleport for sale in null where the margins are better. Completely risk free. I do have to be careful as the broker fees are worse in null, as is the volume traded, but it's something I'm doing on a small scale to see how viable it is.

Skill Extractor Sale

I've kept my trading in Skill Extractors quite light so as not to get caught too badly in the next sale, and it's now arrived. A 20% sale on skill extractors for PLEX in the NES. The price of skill extractors instantly dropped in Jita and PLEX has spiked a bit. Not too significant but I'm hoping I can take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment