Friday 30 August 2024

August Update

 I almost didn't write this update. It's been an incredible month and I am so close to the trillion now that I almost left it a week to just do that post (which I've started writing), but I'll keep going with the monthly updates anyway. As I've got so close to the finish line with this challenge I've been really motivated and been updating orders near daily, and the revenue has shot up as a result. My current position:


My current worth is 990Bn ISK. That is an increase over the last month of 56.7Bn ISK, or an increase of 1.89Bn ISK/day. That is more than double last month and a record month for by far! My previous record was my first month back where I earned 43Bn. This is an amazing result, and my investments haven't contributed to this much. Hypercores are up by 5%, which is nice, but skill extractors have not changed in price due to back to back to back sales by CCP. 

Another thing I have dabbled in is a bit more manufacturing. I've been watching a lot of videos by Strange Net especially around manufacturing in sub-optimal setups. The point he made was that it was possible to make a profit by sitting in Jita, trawling through BPC contracts, eye-balling the profitability, buying the materials from sell orders, building in Jita, and then selling in Jita.

I tried this myself on my manufacturing character who has absolutely no accounting skills, so paying max broker fees, max sales tax, 21% install fees, BPC costs. And I was able to turn 82mil into 95mil in about 7 or 8 build runs. 

That might not sound impressive, but if you instead had actual trade skills, and did your manufacturing in a raitaru outside of Jita, you could knock about 15% off the cost of those builds easily and make a lot more. I actually found this really refreshing, and will be expanding in this area, watch this space.


I have 4 accounts, with 11 characters dedicated to trading:

Rens Seller
129Bn in sell orders and revenue of 78.2Bn. 5 times the revenue of last month!

Manufacturing character
As explained above, did some building in Jita from BPCs here, and turned a bit of profit. A useful and fun experiment.

Amarr Seller
My biggest performer, he has sell orders of 144Bn and revenue of 137Bn. Almost 4 times last month.

Hek Seller
Has 54Bn ISK in sell order and has made sales of 55Bn. Essentially half the size of my Rens business. The biggest revenue increase (by percentage) or any character in this list, really happy here.

Dodixie Seller
Very similar in scale to my Rens business this. Currently 106Bn sell orders and income of 109Bn!

Nullsec station trader
Sits in Pandemic Horde's home system and station trades common items (ammo, filaments, minerals etc) and needs surprisingly little babysitting. Money is his own. This character made a slightly disappointing 1.8Bn this month. I think this is mainly due to making some mistakes chasing PLEX spikes, which I then had to take a loss on.

Jita Buyer
My main Jita buyer, and hold some investments. I've taken to buying/selling on my Jita trader character instead as his broker fees are better sitting in a Perimeter. So very little activity here other than buying and then contracting to my other hub sellers.

Tash-Murkon Seller
Currently 97Bn sell orders and 4.1Bn revenue this month. Very little activity here. I actually considered shutting up shop on this character and moving him to being a null sec seed character. TBD

Amarr station trader
Made 0.7Bn this month, Not a lot of love this month.

Jita station trader
Acts as a buyer for my Amarr seller, and also does some station trading in Jita.  I have moved into buying and selling my investments with this character as well. Main contribution is buying/selling investments, I don't keep on top of the station trading much.

Sobaseki Seller
Has sell orders of 25Bn and revenue of 6.5Bn. Not amazing but I gave him very little love.

So looking at last months plans:
  • Maintain over 1Bn profit per day - Smashed
  • Generate a monthly profit of 33.25Bn (Half what I need to hit the Trillion) - Smashed
  • Expand Tash-Murkon/Sobaseki - Failed, though this has fallen down my priority list
  • Investigate Alliance seeding in null. - I did 1 order from Jita to seed and made decent money, I think this is feasible if I dedicate a character to it, alliance hauling contracts are surprisingly cheap for low volume stuff anyway
Targets for this month:
  • Hit 1 Trillion.
I reckon it will take me until a week on Monday at worst to hit the Trillion. Then I can talk about my plans for the future, which are looking increasingly firm and I'm quite excited about. More than anything I am really enthusiastic about the game!

2 comments:

  1. so close to the trillion! will be there by next week i imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm actually at 996 now so I think it'll be midweek. Been a good weekend!

      Delete