I've been slowly dipping my toe into various things in null recently. By which I mean familiarising myself with the geography near to UALX-3 and doing a little bit of ratting and more recently, mining.
I don't, if I'm completely honest, understand the nuances with mining these days. With wastage being a concern and a source of drama within null groups and new null sec ores etc. I decided to keep it simple by buying a couple of battle procurers and taking them out in a nearby Industry park.
The idea behind the location being that there are tatara's on hand for reprocessing, asteroid anomolies of various descriptions to mine, an ice field, and a bunch of raitarus to build things from the minerals.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the rats that jump into those anoms seem quite small and easily handled by my barges, so I'll probably push the limits here as I build up.
Another thing I was looking at was the margins between staging and Jita. I found them to be healthy, and the alliance hauling services to be nice and cheap, so I've bought about 850mil of a few items and set up a contract for them to be hauled to staging. I will likely look at industry in null at some point but that might involve importing some materials, whereas importing the items to sell for a profit looks to be a simple way to open a new profit avenue.
Separately, I've had a sell order to Skill Extractors up for a very, very long time that I refresh periodically. It was for 570mil sell, by far the highest in Jita, from an attempt to flip them a very long time ago. This is purely dead ISK, so I've reduced it to a more sensible 470mil in an attempt to unlock that ISK and then put more into PLEX when the Omega sale ends. I have sold my PLEX stockpile for a minimum of 4.95Mil each, so I'll wait for the price to drop back to the 4.65-4.6 region and then buy them all up again. At that price from my initial 99k PLEX I should end up with 101k, so a small but notable profit. With the extra 100Bn from the extractors I should be looking at around 120k PLEX, which is a lot to take into the next FOMO sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment