For a while I've thought and talked about wanting to build bigger ships, particularly Freighters and Jump Freighters. I t was a factor in my move to send a couple of characters to low sec for industry.
After running the numbers through EVEGuru to check for profitability and coming out in the 20-25% margin range across the board (with perfect skills) I decided to bite the bullet and buy the blueprints needed to build a Charon. Which cost a little bit of ISK...
Terrible picture, but the red line at the top is my net worth, the dark blue is ISK in wallets and the green is asset value. My net worth dropped by 1.1Bn, ISK on hand down 11.7Bn, and asset value up 13Bn!!! (I did sell some stuff there to explain the discrepancy, the light blue line is sell orders).
So why did my net worth drop? Surely it goes from the ISK in my wallet to the NPC value of the blueprints which is what I paid? Well, yes, but also...
That's 640mil to research a Charon blueprint to 8ME. Then there are a lot of component blueprints to also research as well!
So it'll be a while before I actually produce my first freighter, and even longer before this venture turns a profit but I'm pleased to be along the way to achieving a goal for myself, which is what EVE is all about really.


No comments:
Post a Comment