A disappointing/transitionary month this one, a transition that's only just starting really. The graph:
My current net worth is 64.1Bn ISK, a decrease of 1.1Bn ISK.
Another month, more losses. This is easier to explain. I've been aggressively chasing prices down as Logic Circuit prices have fallen in order to liquidate stock and transition to new items and ventures. I've also been having a slightly more holistic look at my setup, and while I do that I've not used most of my characters. Most of the time just 3 have been building anything.
I know I want to keep building mobile depots, I can churn those out for eternity with 1 character and a 10% profit margin basically to the end of time, though prices here have fallen recently as well. Input materials across the board seem down which makes chasing profit much harder.
I also know I want 1 character to build ad hoc things that EVEGuru says are profitable. These tend to be mostly odd t1 rigs, where I can produce 10 or 20 from a single production line for a day and make a decent profit, but not commit fully to.
When prices level out I want 1 character to continue with medium rigs as well, as these have a consistently good demand and have been a nice earner for me.
Beyond that I'm less certain about what I want to do. I would like to transition my low sec setup to looking at building freighters, and to that end I have started picking up capital parts blueprints and researching them in lowsec. This activity will have a lot of lead time (and start up cost) but I think should therefore lead to some good margins.
With my other characters I am looking at other items with better, more consistent margins. I have never lost money making large EMP Smartbomb II for instance, so I'm making those a regular part of my rotation.
I'm also considering industrial cores. I have made them here and there in the past, and the margin is consistent along with demand, so I'd need to be careful about how many i produce, but they have a long lead time and take a lot of bulky tritanium to build. Which isn't the end of the world, but I am very strongly considering buying a freighter to accommodate that.
A lot more work to do here, seems the puzzle is going to take some real concentration to figure out, which I just haven't given it this last year.

No comments:
Post a Comment