Friday 5 April 2024

Cost to PLEX

 So, This has been my thoughts on how to go about adding Omega time to my accounts.

The old way

Up until my break from the game in 2021 I funded my game time as follows:
- 3x accounts paid for with real money, month on month at £15.99 each
- 1 account paid for by 500 PLEX, month on month

so a total of £47.97 and 500 PLEX. This seems like quite a lot written down, and not something I really want to do going forwards. so I considered the following options

Month by Month PLEX

With 4 accounts, the maths on this is fairly simple. PLEX currently stands at 5.34M ISK each, and normally to PLEX month on month costs 500 PLEX per account. So that would be 2000 x 5,342,000 = 10.7Bn ISK.

There is however currently a 15% discount on Omega with PLEX that brings the cost to 425 PLEX/account or 9.08Bn ISK. This offer will eventually run out though and revert to the original 500/acc/mo.

Annual PLEX

This isn't an option I've ever really considered before, even at the height of my EVE addiction, but buying 12 months of Omega at once almost halves the costs of PLEXing an account, assuming you're going to play for all those 12 months. With the current 15% discount this would cost 3060 PLEX per account for 12 months, or 255 PLEX per account per month. that would mean a total cost of 65.38Bn ISK for all 4 accounts for a year. 

That sounds like a lot, but when you break it down it actually means 1.36Bn ISK per account per month, or 5.45Bn ISK total for all 4 accounts. This is significantly less and thus will impact my profits less, whilst also totally alleviating the real life money cost.

The Choice

With everything written down like that, it really is a bit of a no brainer for me. The monthly total PLEX cost is not vast amounts more than I would have normally paid to PLEX a single account under the old system. I could factor this huge purchase into my assets and slowly write it down over the course of a year to give a proper accounting, but since this is a (relatively) clean start and I never did truly proper accounting like that anyway I think it's easier for me to just take the hit and note down my true assets as they stand. 

As such I bit the bullet, moved the cash around the corp wallet and bought and redeemed it all.
I'm back! 

1 comment: