An abysmal month for Industry this one. I barely did anything. The graph:
As you can probably discern from the huge gap in the graph, I basically didn't even log into these characters for a month.
My current net worth is 65.2Bn ISK. That's a Decrease of 1.9Bn ISK!
So, what gives?
Like I say, I barely logged into my industry characters at all. Another period where salvage prices tanked and my net worth dropped felt like I was producing items and not just treading water but actually losing ground despite keeping slots busy. Therefore I just lost motivation. Towards the end of the month I did pick this up again, and did turn the slide around, though not dramatically.
I think really I rely too heavily on a small basket of good, and am therefore very susceptible to price movements within that basket. When prices rise I make hay, but when they fall the whole venture feels pointless. As the main component of most of my industry is salvage, and probably 50% of the value of all I make is Logic Circuits, I am very reliant on the prices of that one item, over which I have no control and little visibility (I know they come from exploration sites in the Dronelands, but I don't know how much explo happens there, probably more now that there is effectively peace in Null sec again).
I am therefore going to try and mix up my style and diversify. Current plan is to have no more than 1-2 characters producing any given item at a time. So 1 character on Medium CCC 2s, one on mobile depots, one on large em shield reinforcers 2s, etc.
This way I should be less beholden to price fluctuations, or at least be producing a smaller proportion of a days volume, allowing me to shift stock faster. We shall see.

No comments:
Post a Comment