Wednesday 5 September 2018

September Update

I've been away a lot this month (major life events) so I haven't really played much. Indeed, I didn't play at all for almost 3 weeks. Still, I've made some progress, so here's a quick update.

I've provided the 2nd of September sheet, as a nice round month since the last update. As things stand, I have 205 Billion ISK. This represents a monthly increase of 16.2 Billion, or 522.2 Million ISK a day. This is slightly less than last month, which considering my play time is frankly astonishing.

I've also finally breached the magic 200 billion barrier. 20% of the way to being a Trillionaire! OK, that goal is still a LONG way off, so if I'm going to make it before they turn the servers off I'm going to have to branch out into other things, and experiment with new ways of making money. with that in mind I've set myself a target of 300 Billion ISK by 1st January 2019. That's ambitious, but if I'm creative, clever, and a bit lucky I can do it. More on what I'm going to try next update.

I have 3 active accounts, with 5 characters currently dedicated to my trading:

Jita Buyer

This is a character that sits in Jita and contracts items to my other characters. This character has no training, and simply buys from buy orders and contracts the items to my other characters. I tend to have this character logged in to act as a real time price comparison whilst checking my other characters orders.

Amarr Seller

My main money maker, with ~97.2 Billion in active sell orders at the time of writing. Very close to the magic 100 Billion on a single character. Takes implants and faction/deadspace modules delivered by my Rens character and sells them in Amarr.

Dodixie Seller

Very similar to the Amarr seller, he sits in Dodixie, takes receipt of items, then set up sell orders. Currently has 55.3 Billion in sell orders.

Rens seller/Hauler

Like the other characters, this character takes items bought in Jita and sells them in Rens. Currently has 55.2 Billion ISK in active sells. He also hauls my good from Jita to the other trade hubs in a Crane. This is mostly implants, so high value, small volume items. This means I can fit everything for all 3 characters in a single Blockade runner, which with its current fit has about 50k EHP, and can warp cloaked. For highsec this is basically invincible, so I'm happy hauling like this, for now.

Amarr station trader

I've branched out slightly into station trading. I have a character in Amarr that sits in one station, buys from buy orders and sells through sell orders. This character trades completely different items to the rest of my characters. I gave this character 1 Billion to start with, and he's currently on 3.14 Billion.

PLEX Holding

For a while, I was finding that I was having a lot of ISK lying around, not really doing anything. ISK in wallets can't make you money, so it's a bit of a waste of time having. In order to try and make some money with it I made several purchases of PLEX, most recently last August. For a while this was a nice little earner, consistently increasing, but it's been plateaued for a while now. It might be time to look at better long term investments.

Other investments

I'm increasingly finding that I can't re-invest all of my money after every trade run. Therefore I've started looking into mid term investments to make some money on price swings. My first foray into this was buying a bunch of Leopards just after the price inexplicably tanked. This hasn't produced much in the way of value yet, but I'm holding them for the near term. I think I need to do more careful research into my speculations in future, maybe look at the faction warfare swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment