Saturday 29 September 2018

Further musings

I have a bit of time to play this weekend, quite unusually, and was completely ready to liquidate some of my PLEX stock to get the money to buy, ship and set up a Fortizar in Frarn. However, I realised by the time I'd got my freighter to Jita, bought the fort, and shipped it back (with a webbing alt to make sure I don't get ganked) I wouldn't be able to guarantee I'll be online at the same time tomorrow in order to online a service and take it to full power mode, and make it public. A low power fort left next to a trade hub really is begging to be wardecced/killed.

So I've done some more scouting/studying dotlan, and come up with a couple of alternatives to Frarn. In Heimatar, there is a level 4 mission hub in the system of Lustrevik. I used to do all my level 4 missions out of there myself, and judging by the sheer number of NPC kills there and in surrounding systems a lot of people still do. There isn't a huge market near there for things mission runners need, drones, ammo etc. which surprised me. I wonder if sticking a Fort in there I could seed it myself and create said market, whilst paying only 1% sales tax myself. It would also be much less likely to be destroyed, as people are unlikely to care and there is no competition.

The system next door to that is potentially more interesting though. Eystur sits on the border between Heimatar, and Hek. This therefore puts it 1 jump from a trade hub, whilst being 1 jump from Lustrevik. Potential for an overlapping market of PLEX and mission supplies. Now, being in a different region from Hek, you actually can't see any orders in there from Eystur, but being on the main route between Rens and Hek you'll get a decent amount of traffic. If the IChooseYou trade hubs can't see the orders in Eystur, they might not notice a market fort sitting just next door. I view this as being a lower risk alternative to a trade hub in Frarn, as it's not really competing with Hek orders (directly), so I'm less likely to get wardecced. To be honest I'm really liking this idea, even though I will likely get less in the way of PLEX/skill injector orders. I think sticking it in Eystur on the Lustrevik gate would be the optimal position to be noticed by traffic on its way to Rens, and mission runners in Lustrevik who are sent into Eystur to do missions.

I still need to think about this and plan the putting up of the Fort to minimize the risk of an instant wardec, but I am liking the idea, if nothing else it'll be something I've never done in EVE, and that's always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment