Friday 28 September 2018

Market Fortizar

I've been thinking recently about other ways of making ISK, specifically having my own market Fortizar.

Normally this would be a terrible idea to suggest, as IChooseYou and their backers/protection Pandemic Horde have a basic monopoly on Fortizars near high sec trade hubs. Interestingly Eve-Mogul has the one by Dodixie.

I was doing a bit of scouting around however, and I noticed that in Frarn next door to Rens, there is the IChooseYou Fort, and a market Fort run by a 5 man corp seemingly unaffiliated with IChooseYou. Maybe they are not that diligent about removing competition these days.

I've been playing around with the mechanics on Singularity, anchoring my own Fort in Frarn and setting it up for market access for everyone, whilst accessing it and setting up orders on my main character who is in Pandemic Horde. A Fortizar and Market service on Tranquility costs about 10.25 Billion ISK. All the other market forts in high sec have 0.5% broker fee. In order to pay off the cost of the fort people would have to set up orders to the amount of 2 Trillion ISK. When someone places an order the broker fee instantly appears in the corp master wallet, which is nice.

By way of example, lets assume I have a Fort in Frarn with 0.4% broker fee, in order to try and take customers from the other forts. At that level I would need people to set up 2.5 Trillion ISK worth of orders in my fort in order to get 10.25 Billion in broker fees. A commonly traded item in Fortizars is Large Skill injectors. In Rens/Frarn about 75 of these are traded a day, for an average of 720 Million ISK. 2.5 Trillion divided by 720 mil is 3559 Injectors. I would need about 47 days worth of orders to be set up in order for it to pay for itself. Now, if I could also grab PLEX, small skill injectors etc. it would pay for itself much faster. Anything after that point would be pure profit.

Now, the fly in the ointment, and my dilemma. Inevitably, at some point I would get wardecced. It will happen. I have never seen a ping for Pandemic Horde to come after any markets other than Rens, but I'm sure IChooseYou would engage the services of SOMEONE to kill my fort eventually. Probably sooner than later. The question is, do I set one up in Frarn and hope for the best (noting that the other fort appears to be unmolested) or do I go the other way and anchor it in Odatrik? Anchoring in Odatrik would probably lead to less orders, but it's probably less likely to be noticed.

I'm leaning towards gambling and anchoring it in Frarn, but it is a 10 bil gamble, and I have no realistic way of defending the fort if attacked, as I simply don't play enough. This is probably a silly idea, but it's something I have never done, and has the potential, if it stays up for a couple of months, of earning me a lot of ISK. I'll have to mull this over.

No comments:

Post a Comment