Wednesday 1 April 2020

April Update

This has been a very weird month, as I'm sure you can imagine, but I'm going to keep this all strictly game related, aside from the fact that working from home has allowed me to take a little more advantage of what would be my commuting time for EVE. This hasn't actually been all that much yet though as work has been very busy. I've got a bit of time off coming up though and I plan to take a proper break and enjoy myself!

All that aside, my current position:


I currently have 642.5Bn ISK, an increase of 27.4Bn on last month. This is still a dip on my highs of over 1Bn a day, though it's a lot better than last month. It feels like things are starting to settle after the market changes and I can take a little bit of stock.

For my part, I've continued my business of buying items in Jita with at least a 10, ideally 20% profit margin and transporting them to Amarr, Rens, Dodixie and Hek for sale. This still accounts for most of my business and is largely unchanged. The market changes mean that I pay a larger amount of ISK to update my sell orders, so I have to think about whether it is worth adjusting them or not. Since the change I've started letting orders of 1 implant or module go, in the hopes that I get subsequent sales (I tend to sell in piles of 3). After initially being quite cautious about adjusting my orders though I've started to be a bit more aggressive like I used to, I might pay a little more in fees but I'll get the sale faster and can recycle the money. This seems to have worked as my turnover is up this last week. I've trained advanced broker relations to V on all sell characters to mitigate this, and with my margins the costs really aren't that prohibitive. I suspect part of the turnover is due to people being at home more due to lockdowns around the world, so I'd expect more in game activity for the next few months.

The extra training has meant that I haven't been able to sell and extract SP to even out my PLEX cost for account 4, so in a normal month you could add 1.8Bn onto my earned total.

Speaking of PLEX, the price has been slipping recently. I suspect this is largely due to the offer of 50% PLEX + multi-character-training, and the resource scarcity changes meaning some people are not PLEXing their armies of null sec miners. I anticipate an uptick once redistribution changes kick in and people adapt to the new meta. The flip side of this is mineral prices are jumping, which I've not managed to work out hot to take advantage of (I missed the boat to buy a bunch of Tritanium). I should have been more on the ball for this, but oh well.

I have 4 accounts, with 11 characters dedicated to trading:

Skill Point Trader

Not sure if this is actually going to be a skill point trader any more. TBC.

Jita Buyer

This is a character that sits in Jita and contracts items to my other characters. This character has little training, and mostly buys from sell orders and contracts the items to my other characters. I tend to have this character logged in to act as a real time price comparison whilst checking my other characters orders. This character also manages my long term investments, though that doesn't take much work. I am putting excess ISK into this venture, and watch delonewolf's EVE Talk to get ideas for things to invest in. Currently holding about 110Bn in orders and investments.

Amarr Seller

My main money maker, with ~159 Billion in active sell orders at the time of writing. Takes implants and faction/deadspace modules delivered by my Rens character and sells them in Amarr.

Dodixie Seller

Very similar to the Amarr seller, he sits in Dodixie, takes receipt of items, then set up sell orders. Currently has 120 Billion in sell orders. No news with this character.

Rens seller/Hauler

Like the other characters, this character takes items bought in Jita and sells them in Rens. Currently has 157 Billion ISK in active sells. He also hauls my goods from Jita to the other trade hubs in a Crane.

Hek Seller

Like the other high sec seller characters, he sits in a trade hub in Hek and sells items brought to him by the Rens seller. Currently on 71Bn in sell orders. Needs to pay for his own PLEX every month, which isn't too difficult.

Amarr station trader

Sits in a player owned Fortizar in Ashab, buys from buy orders and sells through sell orders with a range of 1 Jump to cover Amarr. This character trades completely different items to the rest of my characters. I gave this character 1 Billion to start with, and he's currently on 16.8 Billion. Thinks are starting to move on this character, which is great! Feeling a lot more positive about this.

Jita station trader

My more serious station trader. I have a character in Perimeter in a player owned Keepstar, with 0.5% broker fee that sits in one station, buys from buy orders and sells through sell orders with a reach of 1 jump.

Most of my items are bought and sold in the Jita 4-4 station. This character trades completely different items to the rest of my characters. I gave this character 10 Billion to start with, and he's currently on 68.7 Billion. I spent the time to get faction and corp standing up with this character, and this is my attempt to take station trading seriously. He also farms SP and sells injectors on the market.

Horde Station Trader

Station trading in the Horde Keepstar in R10-GN. I set him up with 1Bn and he's currently at 7.4Bn.

Tash-Murkon Region trader

A different strategy altogether. This character sits in a player owned Fortizar in Tash-Murkon prime, and set up regional buy orders for modules, implants and drones. When a lot of orders have been filled I fly around and collect it all to sell in Tash-Murkon Prime. I set this character up with 100mil to buy his own skills and get started, after skills he had 70mil to buy items. Currently at 7.3Bn. Can fly a Crane, which speeds up my collections immeasurably. I haven't touched this character at all this month. Another thing to correct. So much to do, so little time!

Manufacturing Character

I was all ready to go with this character, at long last! and then..I didn't have the skills trained. Currently training Anchoring V then Citadel Construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment