Wednesday 18 March 2020

Time to Build a Citadel! ... or not

My office has been closed for the ongoing COVID-19 epidemic, and likely will be for some time. The result of this is I'm working from home which I don't like doing for long periods but it's hardly the end of the world considering.

The upside of this is the time I would normally spend commuting I can now spend playing games!

I've done a bit of sorting out of my trading the last couple of days, and today I turned to my manufacturing character. my Structure component blueprints finished ME 8 research a while ago, so I finally delivered them today:


Going to ME 9 would take 122 days. I'm not waiting for that. So I set out and spreadsheeted up the totals to build a Raitaru, it takes 1 of each component so it's quite straightforward. Pleased with myself I was ready to set off to buy a Raitaru blueprint and the requisite materials, when I noticed I don't have Outpost Construction trained...

I also don't have anchoring trained, which needs to be at V....

I'm currently training Advanced Broker Relations V on the Hek trader on that account, with 10 days left. Once that's done I can switch to going for outpost construction, which will take another couple of weeks. So I'm actually about 3 weeks away from starting to build my first citadel.

Woops. This is something I could have easily resolved if I'd checked properly months ago. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to be patient. 

Next up, working out exactly what to do with the third character on this account. The plan was to trade skill injectors with slim margins across the trade hubs, but that's not really feasible after the market changes. I'm currently thinking another regional trader, but I may have a lightbulb moment before I put that into action.

2 comments:

  1. Do you do your own manufacturing, or jsut buy from markets to sell elsewhere.

    And your research do you use public stations or are you in a corp and use their facilities?

    I am at a crossroads at the moment in what to do in game. Part of my wants to go industrial fully (I love seeing that wallet tick up) and part of me wants to go PVP (but even then I would need the ISK to buy things)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, I buy everything. I've made a few structure rigs and sold them, but it's not something I do often.

      I've used public stations for my research in Hurjafren. Not the most efficient or cost effective, and I may move manufacturing to a Citadel once I've got enough of a production line to warrant the upkeep.

      I know the feeling, I keep feeling the itch to diversify, and I keep a character dedicated to PVP who hasn't done any in months. Something I want to rectify, but every time I log in the most efficient thing for me to be doing is trade runs. I need to change that mentality if I want to reintroduce some more variety into my EVE!

      Delete