Sunday 5 April 2020

I'm all alone....Trek

For some time now, I've wanted to have a character with really good faction standings with all 4 empires, for the purpose of trading high-value, high-turnover, low-margin items like PLEX and skill injectors. The Broker Relations changed kind of destroyed that idea, with relisting fees being what they are I just don't see it as being worth my while.

So that mean finding something else for my character to do. He doesn't currently have very many skills, in fact he has almost no trade skills at all yet as his limited training was driven towards completing missions to raise standing. He's also sitting behind my manufacturing character in the pecking order who has another 6 days of training to go before I switch.

Regardless, I've decided what I'm going to try. Inspired in part by a player on the Market Discussion forums who is trying to create his own markets outside the trade-hubs in high-sec. Judging by his EVE-Mogul leaderboard standings he's doing rather well. I'm also aware that I have limited time at the computer playing games, even with the lockdown. Being a homeowner is a never ending list of jobs it seems.

So, I had the idea to try and add another selling character to my roster. I don't want to add much if any hauling time, ideally I want something haulable. I also want a region with pretty high market activity. I already operate in all the main hub regions (including The Citadel if you count Perimiter) so the next one down the list in terms of activity is Lonetrek.

Sitting next door to Jita, Lonetrek is a large region of predominately high-sec, with some low-sec systems. Proximity to Jita makes hauling extremely easy, either to do myself, or contract if I buy bulky items. The market is smaller then Perimeter, but still pretty large. The station I have chosen to set up shop in is the "IChooseYou Market and Industry" Citadel in Sobaseki:


This has a Broker fee of 1%, partly mitigating my lack of skilling, and is where most of the PLEX trade for the region happens, so is my best bet for making sales. I'm going to be trading slightly different items to my other sellers due to the limited traffic. I'll be looking at more probe launchers, rigs, learning implants, that sort of thing. I only have 13 trade slots to start with, but that'll kick up soon. I'm hoping this is a low effort way to increase my stagnating returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment