Friday 31 May 2024

May Update

 A slightly more stable month this one. I kept my playtime pretty casual, in part so as not to go overboard and burn myself out, and also due tot eh launch of Cata Classic, which I'd be lying if I said I threw too much playtime into but definitely more than I would normally versus EVE. Still, my current position:


My current net worth is 878.8Bn ISK. That's an increase on April of 37.2Bn, which is a daily average of 1.2Bn ISK/day. On a day by day basis that's quite a bit less than last month, but the first month was always likely to look good as I found bits and pieces lying around and put things up after a long hiatus. I'm pretty happy with this month all things considered.

One major difference this month is that I put some serious cash into "swing trading", which I have also called "investments" previously. Essentially buying things in bulk hoping the price increases. One good item that was pointed out by Oz_Eve was that Hypercores were still a very low price after a half price sale. I bought in in 2 stages, once at 310,000 and again at 365,000 when they usually go for just over 500,000. If they hit that price again I stand to make about 43Bn. Given that there is a direct conversion of 10 hypercores for 1 PLEX in the NES store under normal circumstances, and PLEX is currently trading around 5.3mil, this means the "natural" price of hypercores should be about 530,00ISK. So barring extra sales this is about as safe a bet as it gets.



This all plays into an idea I'm exploring of how to scale my profits by ISK rather than by logged in time. It's an experiment, and by definition a gamble, but if it pays off it's something I can keep doing with minimal clicks (but I might need to start doing greater research, and be more up to date with patch notes).


I have 4 accounts, with 11 characters dedicated to trading:

Rens Seller
I've done less on this character this month and it shows. 103Bn in sell orders and revenue of just 35Bn. Something to improve next month.

Manufacturing character
Once again done almost nothing here. I have however checked in game that my manufacturing sheets are still accurate, and Raitarus are profitable even with public hauling contracts, so I'll get at least 1 run done this month.

Amarr Seller
My biggest performer, he has sell orders of 153Bn and has made sales amounting to 99.3Bn ISK this month. If I have a limited time to restock this is the character I go for, as it's such a consistent winner.

Hek Seller
Not a huge amount done on this one. Has 46Bn ISK in sell order and has made sales of 16Bn. Essentially half the size of my Rens business. Still on the list to give this one more love.

Dodixie Seller
Very similar in scale to my Rens business this. Currently 111Bn sell orders and income of 36Bn.

Nullsec station trader
Sits in Pandemic Horde's home system and station trades common items (ammo, filaments, minerals etc) and needs surprisingly little babysitting. Made 4Bn profit this month. Money is his own. I'm really pleased with the performance of this character and will look to giving him some more love going forwards.

Jita Buyer
My main Jita buyer, and hold my investments and attempts to sell them. Swithced up my items quite dramatically here this month. I managed to offload all the ships I was holding and swap it for Hypercores, skill extractors/injectors, salvage materials and SoCT ships handed out for capsuleer day. I've already seen some of these increase in value so I think this character could play a key part of my strategy going forwards.

Tash-Murkon Seller
A similar story to last month, just 3.9Bn in sales from 95Bn in sell orders. Dreadful. I need to get around to having another look at this one as it's simply not paying its way anymore.

Amarr station trader
Made 1.4Bn ISK profit this month with very little input. I think this one has real potential so I'm going to keep it going and see if I can give it some more love versus some of the better performers (such as the null trader).

Jita station trader
Acts as a buyer for my Amarr seller, and also does some station trading in Jita. Has made 12Bn in sales this month. Not a top performer but is vital as a buyer and has goo standings (1.21% broker fee) so worth it even just to act as a buyer/seller for my investments.

Sobaseki Seller
This one I have made progress on! I've gone back to my old quickbar for this character, in addition to some more common items to sell there. Mae 6.1Bn in sales versus virtually 0 last month. A little more effort and I think this character will be earning his keep.

So looking at last months plans:
  • Maintain over 1Bn profit per day - tick
  • Try to come up with a better strategy for my tash-murkon and sobaseki characters - Success for sobaseki, tash-murkon still needs work
  • try and get at least 1 manufacturing run done - Failed, but I have checked my sheets are valid.
I think I will keep to the same targets next month. I have family coming down for a few days so my playtime will be a bit less than usual, and I have a clearer idea of the state of play now, so investing more time in certain areas will be easier. Onwards and upwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment