Wednesday 31 October 2018

Another Alt

So, I have 3 accounts, divided thusly:

Account 1
Main - member of Pandemic Horde, all rounder, has the most combat skills
Amarr Seller - sits in Amarr, sells implants and modules brought by Rens trader. My most profitable seller
Jita buyer - Character with minimal skills that sits in Jita, buys from sell orders and contracts to other alts

Account 2
Nullsec dogsbody - Also in Pandemic Horde, can use cynos, fly dreads, etc. General support character to my "main"
Rens trader - Sells in Rens, does all my trasnporting in a Crane, my old highsec "main"
Dodixie seller - Sells in Dodixie, like Amarr seller but not as profitable

Account 3
Jita station trader - a newish but profitable character, sits in a citadel in Perimeter and trades, most business done out of Jita 4-4
Amarr station trader - sits in Amarr, buys and sells without undocking
spare character - the subject of this post

As you can see, 8 out of 9 characters are utilised and have a purpose. Even though some hardly do much (nullsec dogsbody hasn't had much love recently). I've been reading a lot of blogs recently and trying to think of a way of getting the 9th character to do something useful for me money making wise.

I've been reading merchant monarchy, who made well over 800 Billion ISK in about 3 years by doing "regional trading". By that I mean setting up region wide buy orders, then collecting the items and selling them, either there or in another region. This is something I haven't tried before, so I thought it might be worth giving a go.

Therefore I gave that alt 100 million ISK, bought some trade skills, and have started training up everything I need to manage trading across an entire region. At the moment I can only utilise 13 orders (this alt really had no training), so I've put up a bunch of buy orders up in Tash-Murkon, the region next to Amarr. I've based myself out of a trade fort in the system of Tash-Murkon prime.

I'm primarily looking at low priced stuff, skillbooks, a few modules, drones, and I'll use this as an experiment for a few days/a week. I'm hoping that this is something I can not log into for several days, and not have any of my orders overcut. I'm keen to see how this goes.

If I'm not getting the turnover I would like then I have a backup plan, of applying to Pandemic Horde on this character, and trading in their staging. The margins can be pretty good versus Jita and the shipping corp is extremely cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment