Thursday 25 October 2018

Moving next door

So, this happened about a week or two ago, but I'm just getting around to posting.

TEST declared war on Pandemic Horde and decided to take their high sec monopoly on trade hubs. Goons joined in support, and against the sheer numbers of both alliances Horde decided not to challenge. As things stand all of Horde (and IChooseYou)'s market Fortizars are in their final timer or destroyed.

TEST also decided to deploy the first high sec Keepstar in Perimiter - because they could.

All this means that my station traders old home is not an option, so I had to tear down my buy orders and up sticks. Though the Keepstar is on the same grid as the old Fort, so I didn't have to move far.

The good news is that the CEO of TEST has declared that the trade hub will have a broker fee of 0.3%, which will never change. Horde had a broker fee of 0.5%, so this is good for me. It was claimed on Reddit that Horde earned 200 Billion a month from broker fees from the Perimeter Fortizar, so at 0.3% TEST can expect the Keepstar to pay for itself in under 2 months. Not a bad investment really.

I have noticed since the change though that the margins on skill injectors have entered unprofitable territory, so I've pulled out of them for now. Advantage of station trading is you can be very fast moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment