Tuesday 8 September 2020

Setting up Tash-Murkon

 For a while now, I had a character that set up region wide buy orders in Tash-Murkon region then flew around and picked it all up to sell in Tash-Murkon Prime. This is a good money spinner and I would recommend it to anyone as a good source of trade income (I turned 70 mil into nearly 7 Bil this way). It is though intense on the flying around part. As I don't enjoy doing that I've increasingly left this character alone making no money. So I decided it's time for a change.

I decided to set this character up as a selling character. Just as I do in Amarr, Rens, Dodixie, Hek and to a lesser extent Sobaseki. So I used about 95Bn ISK buying items on my Jita buying character and building up a market quickbar for Tash-Murkon. This was almost entirely implants, similar to my other characters. A lot of high priced ones for which there is no competition in the region. Then I set off to pick up my haul.

Normally, Tash-Murkon Prime is 10 jumps from Jita. But as Niarja is currently camped null security I decided to go the long way round:



47 Jumps! (I'd already made on in the picture). Still, something I can do in the background whilst working, especially as it's an empty BR I'm flying. Not so empty on the way back:


The tooltip say 86.6Bn, but it was actually closer to 95. Probably my most expensive haul yet! I was much more careful flying back with this, but I hardly encountered anyone, and no gankers. I safely landed in the IChooseYou Citadel in Tash-Murkin Prime. I chose the Citadel because it has a 1% sales tax, much lower than NPC. Also IChooseYou has a network of Citadels and mercs on hand to defend them/remove competition, so it's not likely to be destroyed anytime soon.

I set my sales up for mostly a 20-30% markup on Jita. In places slightly more. Nothing over 50%. I want to encourage actual sales, and totally ripping people off will limit the number of sales I make. So I ended up with the following:


134 Bn ISK in sell orders. I'll ilkely weave this into my normal trade runs, and have this character flying at the same time as my Rens seller as they're on different accounts. This fits my playstyle much better, and finally puts 100Bn ISK to work that I had lying around! Now just to do the same with my Sobaseki seller, and possibly look at some other high-sec opportunities ("Eden Trade" on the forums has been setting up shop in various regions without a "Big 5" trade hub to some success). Glad to have something ticked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment