Sunday 2 December 2018

December Update

I managed to play a bit more this month, and have had a few ideas on how to expand and mix up my trading activity in order to increase profits. I also have hit 25% of the trillion ISK! Now I just need to quadruple my money...

My current status:



As things stand, I have 258.4 Billion ISK. That's 23.5 Billion more than last month. This is a record breaking month, caused by a few different factors. For one thing, I have had a bit more chance to play, which always helps. I have cashed out my PLEX holding after an Omega status sale pushed the price up to 3.5 million each, and put the ISK into other investments, much more diversified this time. I have also expanded to a null sec trader, and a regional trader based out of a region without a major trade hub. Both of these ventures offer opportunities to increase my profits with very little extra hauling, and therefore little extra time. Time is my biggest limiting factor, so anything I can do to use my time efficiently is good. I tend to spend about 5-10 mins every morning before work updating orders (largely my Jita station trader). I have barely touched my Amarr station trader, something I'm looking to correct going forwards.

I have 3 accounts, with 8 characters dedicated to trading:

Jita Buyer

This is a character that sits in Jita and contracts items to my other characters. This character has little training, and mostly buys from sell orders and contracts the items to my other characters. I tend to have this character logged in to act as a real time price comparison whilst checking my other characters orders. This character also manages my long term investments, though that doesn't take much work.

Amarr Seller

My main money maker, with ~106 Billion in active sell orders at the time of writing. I'm not sure how much more I can continue to increase the sells on this character, I assume I'll hit a peak at some point fairly soon. Takes implants and faction/deadspace modules delivered by my Rens character and sells them in Amarr.

Dodixie Seller

Very similar to the Amarr seller, he sits in Dodixie, takes receipt of items, then set up sell orders. Currently has 55.3 Billion in sell orders.

Rens seller/Hauler

Like the other characters, this character takes items bought in Jita and sells them in Rens. Currently has 54.6 Billion ISK in active sells. He also hauls my goods from Jita to the other trade hubs in a Crane.

Amarr station trader

Sits in a player owned Fortizar in Ashab, buys from buy orders and sells through sell orders with a range of 1 Jump to cover Amarr. This character trades completely different items to the rest of my characters. I gave this character 1 Billion to start with, and he's currently on 4.5 Billion.

Jita station trader

My latest, and more serious station trader. I have a character in Perimeter in a player owned Fortizar, with 0.3% broker fee that sits in one station, buys from buy orders and sells through sell orders with a reach of 1 jump. This covers Jita. Most of my items are bought and sold in the Jita 4-4 station. This character trades completely different items to the rest of my characters. I gave this character 10 Billion to start with, and he's currently on 25.5 Billion. I spent the time to get faction and corp standing up with this character, and this is my attempt to take station trading seriously. I've had a great month on this character, thanks in large part to a lot of fluctuation with the price of Large Skill Injectors due to sales around Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Horde Seller

A new addition to the trading roster. In a very similar way to the other selling characters, he takes items bought by the Jita Buyer, then contracts the items to "Valhalla Deliveries" (a delivery service for Pandemic Horde) to transport the items to the Horde Keepstar in O-V. He then sells them there for a profit. He trades primarily T2 modules, drones and scan probes. Currently at 1.15 Bil in sell orders.

Tash-Murkon Region trader

Another new character, and a different strategy altogether. This character sits in a player owned Fortizar in Tash-Murkon prime, and set up regional buy orders for modules, implants and drones. When a lot of orders have been filled I fly around and collect it all to sell in Tash-Murkon Prime. I'm pretty happy with the volume and margins this character is managing, and I can happily leave my orders for days at a time without being overcut, which is nice. Currently at 206 million. Training to fly a Crane to collect items more safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment