Sunday 11 November 2018

I got ganked

Well, this is a first.

It was my own fault really. On my Jita station trader, I sit in a Keepstar in Perimeter and set up buy orders with a range of 1 jump in order to cover Jita. Most of the time, my buy orders are filled in Jita, but occasionally they are filled in Perimeter. Most of the orders filled in Perimeter are Large Skill Injectors.

What I normally do in this situation is load the injectors into my Tayra (I know...) and make the lone jump to Jita to sell them. I used a Tayra due to my lack of skills on this character. This has never been an issue before, despite me knowing the stupidity of it.

Well, yesterday I was finally punished. Laden with a Large Skill Injector (thankfully just 1) and a few other modules, my cargo hold came to about 800 mil. I jumped into Jita, warped to station, but as I didn't use an insta-dock bookmark, I landed 2500m away from the station, unable to instantly dock. As I slowboated a tornado locked me and one-shot me. Ouch.

The silver lining is the skill injector didn't drop, so the gankers made a loss as well, but it still set me back most of the station trading profit for the week.

I had a lot of free time yesterday so I actually had my best day ever station trading, making 971 million profit according to eve mogul, but the gank means I'm only slightly better off than where I was at the start of yesterday.

Oh well, lesson learned, I now use an insta-warping frigate with an insta-dock bookmark, so I should be:
A) a less obvious target as I'm not flying a hauler, but a combat frigate
B) less likely to get ganked as I'm using an insta-dock bookmark and can't be caught on gate

Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment