Thursday 17 December 2015

Expanding to Dodixie

Yesterday I finally did what I've been saying I'm going to do for a month, in sorting out my character and setting up in Dodixie.

This character was previously a station trader in Jita, and has almost perfect trade skills, with access to 305 orders. I had made some bad buys not long before starting my regional trading (cough *Geckos* cough) which have dropped in value during my time of not touching this character. This meant that when I came to "cash out" yesterday I had to sell for a loss, meaning I got a bit less than I had hoped to start with. I have been building up a stockpile of snowballs which I am hoping to sell for a large mark up over Christmas, but everything else I sold to buy orders just to get access to cash.

I was therefore left with starting funds of 2,130,006,148 ISK.

I then spent a while looking for items to trade with a buy price of 100 million or less, giving me 46 items to trade to begin with. These are my usual types of items, i.e. deadspace mods, implants, and a few rigs and skillbooks. I also learned that you can create folders in your market quickbar, and the same item can exist in multiple folder. This is a huge help as the dodixie trader is on the same account as the Rens trader, and so they have a shared quickbar. Having quickbar folders makes it much easier to sift through the items I'm interested in to avoid mistakes. Speaking of mistakes...

I made my first blunder this morning.

I was watching a YouTube video on the other monitor whilst setting my sell orders in Amarr and I set up a sell order for 3 million instead of 30 million. This meant it sold straight to a buy order, and lead to an immediate loss of around 19 million ISK. Not a massive blow, but still expensive. I knew this would happen eventually, and I'm sure it will happen again! Still I will be much more careful entering orders in the future!

My current position (including the Dodixie trader) is outlined below:



Now I can finally compare effectively against my starting amount, which for reference was:


As ever, I factor in a 20% provision on sell orders to allow for having to reduce my prices due to competition. This doesn't happen too much, but is well worth factoring in. I only leveraged a small part of this initial wealth, but it demonstrates an increase in wealth of approximately 2.6 billion in my first month. I would expect a much higher return next month, with 3 traders and a lot more money to play with, and more free time!

Here's hoping the Christmas period is a profitable one!

No comments:

Post a Comment