Wednesday 11 September 2024

Starting out in Industry

 So I took the first step. I created a new account using a refer-a-friend link from myself for the free 1,000,000 skillpoints, created a new character and undertook the new tutorial.

I must say, the new tutorial is much better than previous. Your actions are extremely trimmed down, giving you a lot of focus. The HUD is hidden so as not to overwhelm new players. And the whole thing plays out like a playable set piece, with full voice acting and taking advantage of EVE's fantastic visuals in quite a neat little storyline to introduce you to the AIR corporation and to being a capsuleer. 

After that you're pointed in the direction of career agents (which haven't changed in years) and are given a bit of a nudge through them by Aura, before being left to it. 

I used this time to buy a years worth of PLEX from my trading accounts for ~19.1Bn ISK, contracted to my new account and applied it. I thought about recording this as a "loan" to be paid back, both to keep me still a Trillionaire and as a promise that I would to keep me motivated with my industry. In the end I opted against this, though I made a note in my spreadsheet and will for future accounts where I do this. This took my trading wealth down to 983Bn, though it is already back to almost 992Bn. 

Then I got really ill for 4 days and did essentially nothing. I wasted my weekend, barely ate for 3 days ( a bit of excess weight off is great, but not like this), had 2 days off work, and didn't log into EVE.

Today I was feeling better though and managed to get a trade run in and crucially did the career agent missions in Akiainavas. This had 2 uses: 1, get me some starting capital (I have 10mil atm) and 2, get me a slight broker fee improvement in Jita.

See, this character is planned to be based primarily in Jita, no matter where I end up taking my industry. I want at least 1 character there as it is the only place where you will find the full range of blueprints, original and copies, on contract. If I want to get some new prints out to null I don't want to fly a Horde character from Perrigan Falls to do it.

The fee improvement is minimal but my Jita boker fee sits at 1.47% now having trained broker relations V, which is not bad. What is bad is my sales tax. I've just bought and started training the accounting skill, but that set me back 5.2mil, leaving me with just 9.9 to start my industry. I've identified several BPOs that should be profitable though, so I'm going to give those a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment