Sunday 21 July 2019

Locked Out

So I logged onto my Hek trader yesterday to be met with the following message:


Ah.

This was confusing, as being a public trade hub Citadel I couldn't see me being put on any sort of block list, my corp has never even been at war. When I undocked the reason became clear:



Someone has put the ICY trade hub citadel into its hull timer, turning off any modules, which includes the market. Another Citadel has been anchored in system, this one at 0.3% tax. Presumably they're the ones who are reinforcing the ICY citadel, or at least the ones who paid mercs to do it.

Either way, I don't want to get caught up in these shenanigans in future, as it meant I had to tear down all of my sell orders and transfer everything to a different station. I decided to go with the NPC station where most trading happens in system to avoid being locked out in future, even though it means paying 2.5% broker fee. This meant spending about 1Bn ISK in broker fees up front, but I can never be locked out of this station, and I tend to have a 10-20% profit margin on my items anyway.

If I had logged in later, when the citadel was destroyed, I would have had to pay for asset safety to retrieve my items for sale. AFAIK this is about 10% of their value, which would come to about 4.5Bn. Ouch. Suddenly the broker fee in the NPC station doesn't seem so bad.

This may mean I make slightly less money on this character, but I think from a quality of life point of view this is a worthwhile move. Not sure I can be bothered running missions to bring the broker fee down though.

2 comments:

  1. You can pay people to up your standing with the NPC corp, i did this years ago and I think it cost me a about 600m, if you have that many orders it may be worth the payment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's an idea, I'll look into it - thanks

    ReplyDelete