Wednesday 16 December 2015

Month 1 review

I started my regional trading on the 17th November, so now seems a good time to step back and evaluate my position.

When I started I decided to start with 2 characters, buying items in Jita and hauling them for sale in Rens and Amarr, with a plan to bring a 3rd character in to sell in Dodixie. Due to time commitments I was not able to play as much as I had hoped, so I never got around to getting the third character going.

As such, my starting positions were 119million ISK on my Rens character and 209 million on my Amarr character. I decided not to transfer ISK between characters, at least for now, to keep things easier to track. As of this morning, by current position is:


A current wealth of 2.85 billion, meaning an average profit of 84.6mil a day. A bit disappointing, but this should keep increasing as I have more ISK to invest.

The method I have been using hasn't changed much since day 1. I log in, update my sell orders, and scan eve-central to re-invest any profit in new items. I do not want to buy more than 1 or 2 of each item so as not to affect the market too much. I want people to basically ignore my orders (as I'm only selling 1 at a time) rather than bother chasing and 0.01ISKing me. I look for items with a low daily volume, and therefore hopefully low competition, but a profit margin of at least 20%. If the price does drop on these items, I will drop my sell prices until they sell. ISK velocity is more important than raw profit after a long time, and I can always find a new item to trade.

I now have 3 weeks off work, so I should be able to dedicate more time to this, and today I will finally be bringing my trader in Dodixie online. Hoping for a profitable few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment