Thursday 2 August 2018

August Update

So I've played a little bit this month. Not a huge amount, but enough to do a run about once a week, and update my orders here and there. It's been a pretty good month all things considered, with my current standing as follows:


As you can see, I currently stand at 188.8 Billion ISK. This represents a monthly increase of 17 Billion ISK, or 548.4 Million per day. This is pretty good, possibly one of my best ever months, which is all the more surprising given that my PLEX holding has gone down in value (the old days where PLEX was ever increasing in value are well and truly dead).

I have 3 active accounts, with 5 characters currently dedicated to my trading:

Jita Buyer

This is a character that sits in Jita and contracts items to my other characters. This character has no training, and simply buys from buy orders and contracts the items to my other characters. I tend to have this character logged in to act as a real time price comparison whilst checking my other characters orders.

Amarr Seller

My main money maker, with ~76.4 Billion in active sell orders at the time of writing. Takes implants and faction/deadspace modules delivered by my Rens character and sells them in Amarr.

Dodixie Seller

Very similar to the Amarr seller, he sits in Dodixie, takes receipt of items, then set up sell orders. Currently has 49.5 Billion in sell orders.

Rens seller/Hauler

Like the other characters, this character takes items bought in Jita and sells them in Rens. Currently has 51.3 Billion ISK in active sells. He also hauls my good from Jita to the other trade hubs in a Crane. This is mostly implants, so high value, small volume items. This means I can fit everything for all 3 characters in a single Blockade runner, which with its current fit has about 50k EHP, and can warp cloaked. For highsec this is basically invincible, so I'm happy hauling like this, for now.

Amarr station trader

I've branched out slightly into station trading. I have a character in Amarr that sits in one station, buys from buy orders and sells through sell orders. This character trades completely different items to the rest of my characters. I gave this character 1 Billion to start with, and he's currently on 2.7 Billion. honestly I'm not totally convinced about this, but I think I just haven't approached it properly yet. I need to do more experimenting and research on this character.

PLEX Holding

For a while, I was finding that I was having a lot of ISK lying around, not really doing anything. ISK in wallets can't make you money, so it's a bit of a waste of time having. In order to try and make some money with it I made several purchases of PLEX, most recently last August. For a while this was a nice little earner, consistently increasing, but it's been plateaued for a while now. It might be time to look at better long term investments.

Other investments

I'm increasingly finding that I can't re-invest all of my money after every trade run. Currently I have 24 Billion ISK just sitting in wallets not doing anything for me. That's over 10% of my total net worth! In an attempt to try and use this money, I've been looking at items to buy and hold, then sell when they gain value.

My first foray into this I noticed that the Leopard, a faction shuttle, has dropped in value by over half, overnight:


I don't know why the value has tanked, as far as I know you can't get any more Leopards, no more are being added to the game (unless I missed something). I suspect due to the increased trade volume that this may be a case of someone who was holding a ton of them dumping stock to get some ISK. Either way, I bought a bunch of them, 41 in fact, mostly for about 80 Million, though one or two were up to the 120 Million mark, so that is what I've put down on my spreadsheet as a reference point. As you can see, they've yet to climb above 120 mil consistently (sell orders currently at 94 mil in Jita) but the value is climbing. I'm hoping to get a bit of profit if the value does creep back up towards its old value of 200 mil.

No comments:

Post a Comment