Thursday 14 March 2019

Skill book rebalance

So, the skill book changes have come in, much quicker than I expected.

The long and the short of it is that core skills can now be purchased from your character sheet, for a 30% markup, and the skill books sold by NPCs have had their prices adjusted. Skill books have long been the biggest ISK sink in the game, and CCP is keen to reduce the net amount of ISK being added to the game, to balance the game economy a bit.

Before the patch I speculated that capital skill books were a bit under priced, and would likely be seeing an increase. To this end I bought 5 of each racial carrier book and 2 or 3 of each racial dreadnought, coming out to 11Bn at NPC price (500Mil and 100Mil respectively). After the patch carrier books are being sold by NPCs for 550Mil, and dreads for 150Mil. Turns out I should have bought more dread books, oh well.

I've put my stocks up for sale, carrier skill books are currently being sold in Jita for about 624 Mil, and dreads for about 170 Mil. Assuming all sell I'll have made 2-3Bn for holding on to some skill books for a week. Not bad all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment