Sunday 17 January 2016

Month 2 Review

This month was an eventful one.

I fully brought online a third seller in Dodixie, which has consistently been my biggest market in terms of profits and money dedicated to it. Dodixie seems to have more volume than Rens but less competition than Amarr, so I am liking it at the moment.

I have also changed the way I trade. Until 2 weeks ago I was flying each of my characters to Jita, buying the items, and then giving them to my Rens trader to haul in a blockade runner. In the last 2 weeks I have created a new fresh character, i.e. has no skills, and sent him to Jita.

Thus my current daily routine looks something like:

  • Log on to seller, update orders.
  • Buy replacement items with my Jita character.
  • Create and accept item exchange contract to my seller
  • Create a courier contract from Jita to the selling system, to New Evolution Express, a hauling corp.
This cuts down the time I need to sort out all my orders dramatically, as I'm not wasting an hour or so flying around. On this point, the corp I have been using "New Evolution Express" have been fantastic. Fairly cheap rates, and my priority contracts have all been completed in 3 hours or less. I use "priority" contracts because I want to guarantee that my items are there to be sold the next time I log on, if I had to wait 3 days my profits would be reduced.

All this means that my current trade position is as follows:


As ever, I factor in a 20% provision on sell orders to allow for having to reduce my prices due to competition. This doesn't happen too much, but is well worth factoring in.

On the 17th of December my "wealth" sat at 5,725,520,800 ISK. This means that this month I have increased my wealth by 7,323,425,121.60, which works out at an average of 236 Million ISK per day. 

This is a dramatic increase in last month, but there were a few special conditions (a lot of time, snowballs) that contributed to this. Regardless, I am very happy with this amount of profit and especially my new way of working.



No comments:

Post a Comment