Tuesday 19 April 2016

Month 5 Review

I have been a bit complacent this month, kind of cruising regarding trading and not really investigating new items too frequently. This is probably why the number look pretty similar to last month:


Last month I finished on 18.1 Billion ISK, which makes my profit for this month just over 4 Billion for a total of 22.2 Billion ISK.

That's a very similar amount of profit to last month. Whilst a billion a week is not bad per se, I really think it can be improved. I am going on holiday tonight, but when I get back I think I need to really evaluate what I'm selling. I was initially aiming for items of at least a 20% profit margin, but a lot of my regularly traded items fall below this threshold now, and have for a while. They continue to make some money, which is why I keep trading them, but I feel my complacency it what is leading to my plateauing profit numbers.

One thing I have done this month is keep my "ISK in wallet" at any given time to 2.5 to 5 Billion at a time. This does not look like that today as I have not made a buying run in the last 24 hours, but that is what's been happening, which is a definite improvement. As I will be away, I decide not to make a buying run last night, and have updated my sell orders and will see where I stand when I return in a week. I am hoping for about a quarter of my sell orders to be filled with zero updates, we will see if that is what pans out.

One thing to consider when I'm looking at possible items for manufacture (which I haven't started yet, but will soonish) is that there is a war on. World War Bee is very widely reported on, and the battle reports and kills posted on Reddit and elsewhere give some insight into the regularly used ships and modules. I would need to buy/research some blueprints to take advantage of the situation (as my own collection is meagre at best) but I certainly think there's some money to be made if you pick the right doctrine items from the various alliances.

Still, for all my moaning it is nice to be in "supercapital money" territory, and I intend to start blogging quite a bit more often. Certainly covering my thoughts beyond these monthly reviews. I intend to look at the upcoming tax changes with the citadel expansion in some detail, as they affect my trading quite heavily, and will cover my move to start T1 manufacturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment